570-409-1212 info@HotelFauchere.com social social social

Menu

Time Out

Back in the 1820s, when fine dining existed only in the homes of the rich and a meal out meant a bowl of soup in a roadhouse, Delmonico’s, America’s first bona fide restaurant, opened in New York, dazzling its patrons with such delicacies as lobster Newburg and chicken la king. In 1852 Delmonico’s master chef, Louis Fauchre, bought a hotel in Milford, Pennsylvania, a summer resort enclave 75 miles from New York, which became increasingly fashionable as stately buildings by Charles McKim, Calvert Vaux and Frederick Law Olmsted began to spring up in town. By 1880 the chef replaced the old hotel with the three-story Italianate Hotel Fauchère that stands today.

Read More

Back to News
X